Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Annotated sources

J. Strickler and N. Danigelis. "Changing Frameworks in Attitudes toward Abortion."  Sociological Forum, Vol. 17, No. 2 (Jun., 2002), pp. 187-201. This article discusses the shift in attitudes being more pro life than pro choice. The article also takes in certain changes in religious perspective, which I find interesting and have been considering incorporating into my own project.


J. Evans. "." Sociological Forum, Vol. 17, No. 3 (Sep., 2002), pp. 397-422. This article also talks about how attitudes towards abortion are being separated into two distinct groups. There aren't a lot of fence sitters anymore. It seems that religions are being somewhat forced to have an opinion on this topic now. This article again peaks my interest because it includes religious opinions.
 
B. Highton. "Policy Voting in Senate Elections: The Case of Abortion." Political Behavior, Vol. 26, No. 2 (Jun., 2004), pp. 181-200. I think this article is important to my study because it points out certain discrepancies with voting about abortion. It is not always just based on the issue but rather a cluster of policy's and therefore accuracy is lost. The politics behind abortion is also immensely important in my study. Its important to know that there are discrepancies with the voting.
 
T. Murphy. "." Journal of Medical Ethics, Vol. 11, No. 2 (Jun., 1985), pp. 79-83. I liked how insightful this article was. I also liked how the author included ideas of moral obligation. I feel like many people skirt around that issue because it is so hard to define. However I do feel it is important to address the moral aspect of abortion. Also it may be important for my research to understand what spontaneous abortions is, lest I come across it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment